Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Beloved Horse

For those of you who don't know, Malik has a huge love of horses. I suppose it started with the 3 horses that live across the street from us ("neigh, neigh, neigh, neigh!!!!!) and has continued to all horses big and small. He has this lovely white plastic horse that he found at a consignment store here in town (cost a whopping $1.00) that he is also rather fond of.

Tonight, he decided that his horse was very hungry and needed to be fed. This idea was all on his own and I believe his first "real" attempt at initiating pretend play. It was quite humorous as he ran all around the house working on the meal.



Here, he has opened the cupboard and is deciding what to feed the horse. On tonight's menu: pineapple slices and diced green chili peppers (yum!)


Here he is intently "mixing" the food up for the horse.


Mr. Horse is preparing to eat...


Apparently, Malik needed to sample the meal first.


And finally, Mr. Horse is presented with his lovely dinner.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Hilarious!! How cute is that! I think it is so funny how kids latch onto something, Drew's is cars. It will be fun to see how that plays into his life in the future! Very thoughtful to think of the horse.. LOL!!

Bennett and Ainsley said...

Ahhh, Malik and Bennett would get along so nicely. You should go find him a toy horse that is furry or fuzzy. Then he'll have a "real-looking fake horse!" Fun to see him pretending...you are just entering a stage with him where you will be greatly entertained!

roduns said...

That is hysterical! I can imagine you following him around, snapping pictures, and snickering. I love it!