As we all know, we were scheduled to have our c-section on Wednesday, May 19th. However, a little boy had something else in mind! Here's what led up to Saturday, May 15, 2010...
Starting on Tuesday the 11th, I began to have horrible pain in the right side of my rib cage. I managed it okay with Tylenol and ice until Thursday morning. At that point, the pain was so bad that I called the OB unit at the hospital at 7:00 in the morning. I didn't think there was any problem with the baby, but I just wasn't sure what to do anymore. They asked me to come in.
We spent most of Thursday morning in the OB unit, receiving IV fluids, pain medication and being checked over. All of my labs came back okay and everything looked fine with the baby. They didn't really figure out what the problem was at that time but thought it was probably muscular. They sent me home and told me to call back if I couldn't manage on my own. Our friend, Beth, was nice enough to keep Malik at her house for the day, so that I could rest at home.
My very kind doctor, called me at home that night around 5:00 to see how I was feeling. He prescribed some stronger pain medication at that time and tried to be encouraging!
Friday:
I was still feeling pretty miserable on Friday morning and was concerned that I didn't have enough medication for the weekend, so I made an appointment and went in to see my doctor in person. After being checked over, he determined that I had a pulled muscle between two of my ribs, probably caused by coughing so hard from the cold I had been fighting for several weeks. In his words, "That hurts like crazy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!" Gee, thanks. More medication prescribed. Greg worked from home that day to help out.
Malik woke up from his nap not feeling well. We had several episodes of vomiting in the evening before he went to bed. It didn't seem to be bothering him too much as he still wanted to play outside and was just as wound up as usual. He did head to bed a little early and a little too easily.
I figured we'd be up a little in the night and then I'd spend Saturday getting lots of things crossed off of my to-do list. Little did I know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment