Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pargeon Farm


























So, as usual, I'm behind on posting. A couple of weeks ago we went out near Montezuma to the Pargeon farm. Gretchen and I worked together as speech therapists in Waterloo and she has continued to be a good friend. In fact, she's the one who first got me interested in cake decorating. I digress...

Mike's (Gretchen's husband) family has kept the family farm land and have a great set up in the middle of a corn field. They've built a pole building with a large gathering room, kitchen, and bathroom facilities. They all park their campers out there and have a great time during the summer.

Gretchen invited us down and we had a fantastic evening with them. We enjoyed grilling for dinner. Greg and Malik rode on the 4-wheeler (a first for both of them!) and there were also sparklers once it was dark. What a great evening-thanks Gretch!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Greg's first time on a four-wheeler? Seriously? I guess now that he's been on one, we can officially call him a Southern Iowan. Congrats, Greg!