Thursday, September 18, 2008

Indiana-A post by Darath

We spent last Thursday (9/11) through Tuesday (9/16) in Indiana.  My Grannie (Maxine Wright) passed away on Tuesday, September 9th after a hard battle with cancer.  Although expected, the loss is still very hard.  My Grannie was a wonderful woman who loved Jesus with all of her heart. She lived much of her life as a servant to others and had a heart of gold.  She and I were kindred spirits of sorts.  I just hope that I can live my life as well as she did hers.  Our loss is truly heaven's gain.

We enjoyed a good time with our family while we were in Indiana celebrating Grannie's life. Along with many tears were also many times of laughter as we remembered funny stories and moments. Enjoy some pictures from our trip.


Malik enjoys spending time in front of the windows at Grandpa Dave's house watching the birds.

Malik thought it was really funny to put his fingers into Grandma Connie's water glass.

At the riverside park in Peoria, Illinois...we stopped there for lunch on the way home.

Swinging is one of Malik's favorite activities.






No comments: