Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catch-up

Well, since having foot surgery on July 9th, it seems as though we have forgotten how to take pictures! I think it probably has more to do with the amount of time it takes to find the camera while on crutches :) I thought I'd provide a recap as well as a list of funny moments from the past few weeks.

First off, we are blessed with a great family and wonderful friends. The following people have either come to take care of me, have opened their homes to us, have provided a place to hang out, or have watched Malik:
My dad and step-mom from Indiana
My aunt and uncle from Indiana
My mom
Greg's mom
Elizabeth from Cedar Falls
Jen from Ottumwa
Beth
Grace
Jodi
Linse
Michelle

Thank you! I have at least 8 more days of crutches, thankfully Malik has been pretty adaptable.

Now onto funny moments (some of which you probably needed to be there for to get the full effect...why do so many of these have to do with the bathroom??)
*While Greg was in the restroom with the door closed, Malik stood outside yelling, "Greg, Greg, Greg!!!!"

*My dear Aunt was using the restroom one evening. Malik and Greg happened to walk past the closed door at which time Malik exclaimed, "Kathie's pooping in there!"

*One night while four of us adults were talking around the dinner table, we kind of failed to pay much attention to Malik. He interrupted in a rather loud voice,
"Hell-o, Daddy...Grapes!!"

*One day, Malik sat down (fully clothed) on his potty chair and stated, "Peeing on the potty. Where's my book?"

*Tonight, about 30 minutes after we had finished dinner, I was somewhat surprised to see Malik pull a pea out of his nose! When I asked him if we should put peas in our noses, he said, "No, no!" - and yet...


Anyway, I'm sure there's more. I'm trying to keep a journal, because I know that I too easily forget these moments. We really do enjoy him and he can be quite funny at times. He's also started more tantrum-throwing, but I suppose this is par for the course when you live with a 22-month old!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

LOL - thanks for a great laugh! You've got quite a character there in your sweet little guy!

May the LORD restore your foot fully and whole again!

roduns said...

Ha ha! Those are hilarious moments. Thanks for sharing!