For some time, Malik has called his pacifier, "Debbie." I have no idea why. I'd like to think that it came from some variation of 'paci' but I can't really see that either.
We've been wanting to get rid of Debbie for quite some time now but we were figuring on a big battle including many tears and it just never seemed like the right time.
To our great surprise, one night last week, Malik fell asleep without asking for Debbie. So, I very quietly stole her out of his crib and threw her away. The next day at nap time he asked for Debbie to which I responded, "Oh, Debbie's gone. Only babies have pacifiers and you're not a baby anymore." He seemed to be understanding of this and hasn't cried once! He does continue to ask for Debbie but when I ask him what happened to her, he just says, "Daddy threw away. Babies have Debbie." Good boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment