Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Catching up

I guess it's been a while since I've posted anything. Seems like time has been flying by. So here's a random post to catch you up...

*Greg's beloved Grandma, Evelyn passed away a couple of weeks ago. We had a good time celebrating her life with our family. We will miss her greatly.

*I'm now at 29 weeks pregnant, which means just 10 more to go. I have a doctor's appt. on Friday. I'm assuming we'll schedule the C-section then. I also know we're overdue for a belly picture. One of these days...

*Updates on Malik:
-He had a couple of very successful weeks at potty training. However, in the past 3 days all has been lost. I'm not sure why, or really what to do about it. So for now, we're just backing off and seeing how things go.
-We're trying to get his new room painted. He is not very happy in his crib and is ready to move to his "big boy" bed.
-Speaking of bedtimes, they have been nightmarish for about a month now. He suddenly has this great need to cuddle for extended periods of time and totally freaks when we put him in his bed. It's really fun when he starts the process all over again somewhere around 3-4 in the morning.
-One of his 2-year molars has come in, no signs of the others yet.
-He's started putting his dishes in the dishwasher after meals. Pretty helpful!
-He's enjoyed the warmer weather outside by going on a couple of stroller walks and building a snowman (See picture below)
-He can consistently count to 12 and identify some colors on a regular basis.
-He still enjoys puzzles, cooking, train building, basketball, and playing with cars.
-He would watch PBS Kids all day if we allowed him to.




This picture was taken approximately 2 years ago...Greg reading his fantasy baseball magazine to a very small Malik...










Now, Malik is happy to scan this year's magazine all by himself. With another boy on the way, there's no hope for me.



















This snowman was built 2 days ago. There's barely anything left of him now-hooray!











Malik continues to enjoy swimming class. We have one more left of this session.










He was thrilled that they were finally allowed to play basketball on the hoop that he has been admiring for about 8 weeks now!

No comments: