I also came across these creatures on my tomato plants this week. I wasn't sure what they were so we took them down to Irv and Edith who live across the street from us. They've been gardening for many more decades than I, and sure enough Edith had all the answers for us. "Those are tomato worms. You just have to pull them off and stomp on them," she said. I can't handle the squish factor, so we just throw them away! The boys thought they were pretty cool-
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Hidden treasures
We have some friends who live up the street from us that are so generous to our family. All of their children are out of the house and they allow us to use their backyard whenever we want. That might not sound all that great but you haven't seen their yard! There's a pond/waterfall, basketball court, porch swing, corn field (yes, in the middle of town), frogs, bunnies, and on and on. They leave out water toys and chalk, and when they know we're coming they even open up their sun room and have cookies on the table for us. It is truly a blessing to us to have a 'getaway' of sorts within walking distance. I'm pretty sure Malik would go there every day if I let him!







I also came across these creatures on my tomato plants this week. I wasn't sure what they were so we took them down to Irv and Edith who live across the street from us. They've been gardening for many more decades than I, and sure enough Edith had all the answers for us. "Those are tomato worms. You just have to pull them off and stomp on them," she said. I can't handle the squish factor, so we just throw them away! The boys thought they were pretty cool-

I also came across these creatures on my tomato plants this week. I wasn't sure what they were so we took them down to Irv and Edith who live across the street from us. They've been gardening for many more decades than I, and sure enough Edith had all the answers for us. "Those are tomato worms. You just have to pull them off and stomp on them," she said. I can't handle the squish factor, so we just throw them away! The boys thought they were pretty cool-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment