A couple of weeks ago, Grandma Phyllis came for the day and she and I took the boys to the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines. The weather was beautiful and the boys had a great time. Elias enjoyed it much more than our last visit in May, since he could now walk around and see the animals better. Thanks for a fun day, Grandma!


Here we are getting ready to go on a stroller ride one morning. Apparently, head protection was required. You never know what you might run into while on a walk! Malik wore the helmet for 3/4 of the stroller ride, even when he was out of the stroller and walking on his own. And yes, I did see many drivers laughing.

Greg and I (ok, mostly Greg) have been working on sanding and repainting the trim on the deck out back. Greg gave Malik some old paint and scrap wood one day and he made this 'surf board'. Kept him busy for hours. Wonderful idea, Greg!

Last Thursday was probably the final 'hot' day of the summer (>90 degrees). We took advantage of it and met some friends at the beach out at the lake. It was our only trip there this summer but I promise we will be back next year. What a great time we all had!


No comments:
Post a Comment