You might remember that Tulip Time was cancelled last year thanks to a late season snow storm. Given that, we were all that more excited to celebrate this year!
The festival always begins on Wednesday night with a 5K run and many of the food stands open as well. I had been planning on running the race and was so disappointed when I pulled a muscle in my leg the weekend before. I could barely walk let alone run. Thankfully, the 45 degree, rainy night, made missing the race more tolerable! We did quickly run to the food stands to get two of our favorite treats: poffertjes and stroopwafels. Horrible weather equaled no lines. We ate inside!
The weather on Thursday, the first full day of the festival, was cool and damp. Not the greatest, really. The boys were asked to ride on the "Wooden Shoe Maker" float for the afternoon parade. They had a great time but we headed straight home afterwards to warm up!


No comments:
Post a Comment