Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School Beginnings-



Tuesday was Malik's first day of preschool.  We're doing it here at home this year, but we still wanted to mark this special occasion for him.  I started some of the curriculum with him last spring but this year will bring a more structured schedule of lesson plans and expectations of at least some cooperation.  Malik generally enjoys his lessons and is really a great student.

Our schedule this year looks a bit like this:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - Pre-K curriculum lessons at home
Tuesday - Art Class at the community center, reading lesson at home
Thursday - Participation in his "frog room" at church (I'm teaching in there as well this year), reading lesson at home
2nd Friday of the month - Play group at our house
3rd Friday of the month - Field trips with other preschool friends who are also being home schooled this year (i.e., dairy farm, bakery, post office, etc.)


I'm really looking forward to this final year of him being at home full time.  I'm excited to be a part of his learning this year and hoping to make some really great memories along the way-



1 comment:

Angie said...

Fun to have a fresh, exciting start to the school year- isn't it? :) And schedule and routine. Isn't our group switched to the 4th Fridays though?