Monday, May 13, 2013

Tulip Time 2013 - The one meal

It rained all of Thursday and pretty much all of Tulip Time was cancelled.  We stayed home.  


This is how things looked on Friday.  Seriously.  I had to unpack all of the snow stuff.  Crazy me, putting it away before May.  What was I thinking?  Not surprisingly, almost all of Tulip Time was cancelled again.


 It drizzled on Saturday but was bearable.  One of the best parts of Tulip Time is the food.  We managed to be there for one meal, which meant we had to cram in all of our favorites.  Trust me when I say this would not earn me the 'dietary mother of the year award.'  Here's a tour of what we at for lunch that day:

Corn dogs, brats, taco salad, fried potatoes, and fruit smoothies-

Root beer float-

Cotton Candy - 

And finally, funnel cake topped with strawberries, glaze, and whipped cream.  Yikes.


Malik and I headed back down later in the afternoon to catch the parade.  It rained a little on us but we were glad to say that we watched at least one this year.  A little popcorn was needed-

No comments: