Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Indiana Day 1

We took our annual trip to Indiana and Michigan last week.  There will be multiple posts here once I wade through all the pictures.  We left Pella on Friday evening and drove to Clarence to stay with Grandpa Dennis.  In addition to taking two hours off of the drive the following day, this also allowed us to meet up with Nana and Pop who so kindly agreed to take Sophie for us while we were gone - Thanks!

We left Clarence on Saturday morning and arrived at Grandpa Dave and Grandma Connie's house around dinner time.  

We enjoyed a relaxing Sunday.  The boys always like to take their 'straws and connectors' when we visit there. 


We visited a park that had a huge play structure.  It was sunny and hot but the boys had fun.


Hard to see here, but Grandpa Dave climbed in with Malik to check out a marble maze game.



After sweating like crazy at the park it only seemed fitting that we should stop for ice cream!


Grandpa and Grandma played games with the boys for a while-


My Dad and Connie kindly offered to watch the boys that night so that Greg and I could go out for a bit.  We ended up wandering around Kohl's for two hours which was a treat for us since we rarely get to go shopping without the boys.  We then took in a late dinner at Texas Road House.  Here's what the 'loaded baked potato' looked like.  I never thought I'd hear Greg say, "I think this might have too many marshmallows,"  but there's a first for everything!


No comments: