Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nana!

Saturday was Nana's birthday.  It was kind of a big one.  I won't tell you the exact number but if you'd like to do the math yourself...she was 25 when I was born and I'll turn 35 next week...(sorry, Mom).

Anyway, we met up with Nana and Pop at Lake Iowa Park for a little celebration.  You may be asking yourself,  "Where on earth is that?"  In the middle of nowhere, close to Ladora and Millersburg.  I've totally cleared that up for you now, haven't I?  

It happens to be pretty close to half way between our house and theirs so we thought we'd give it a try.  There's a nice lake, beach, picnic shelters, etc.  Really, it's a pretty nice place.  We were able to use a picnic shelter for our dinner, do a little fishing, and also play at the natural playground they recently built.  It was a tad windy but really a decent evening.




The seats on the picnic table made for quite a reach for Elias so he ended up standing to eat.  His nose was about at the same height as the table.  This picture doesn't quite capture it but it was pretty funny.



First fish caught, a blue gill-


Poor fish.  We did put it back in the lake but not before it was poked and prodded a bit by two little boys.



Second fish - sunfish.  Malik was pretty pumped about his fishing success!


Happy Birthday, Nana!



No comments: