Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Annual Camping

Every summer we enjoy camping for a night at the Punt's house with them and the Gaulkes.  This year we finally managed to pick a date where the temperature was nice and we didn't have to take cover inside from the rain.

As usual, the kids all had a great time playing together.  Malik and Elias both branched out of their comfort zones and tried the trampoline and the razor bikes for the first time.  They both loved them.  Sometimes peer pressure can be a good thing!

These razor bikes are pretty cool.  The back wheels are on casters so the bike spins in circles really fast.


It's possible I also thought the razor bike was pretty fun!


This picture does not do justice to how filthy he was by the end of the night.  It was almost unbelievable!

The little kids table-


 Camping is never complete without S'mores-


Malik roasted his own marshmallows-

In the effort of full disclosure, I should probably state that I did not sleep in the tent.  I left that for the boys.  Someone had to take one for the team and come home to let Sophie out :)

Breakfast the next morning.  Powdered sugar donuts, bacon, and eggs cooked in bacon grease.  Yum.

No comments: