Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Indiana - Picnic at Lake Monroe

We are recently home from an 8 day trip.  We spent the first half of the week in Indiana with Grandpa Dave and Grandma Connie.  We spent the second half of the week in Grand Rapids visiting Jeff, Wendy, Trey, and Chase at their new home.  Many posts to come...

During our first full day in Indiana we enjoyed a trip to Lake Monroe in Bloomington, not far from Grandpa and Grandma's house.  We started with a picnic right near the water.  It was a bit windy that day.  I was glad to have brought my jacket.  Grandma Connie had to wrap up in the tablecloth to keep warm (too bad I didn't get a picture of that!)

After our picnic, the boys had fun exploring some animal exhibits and making a craft with a local park ranger.  I mean, who doesn't want a felt turkey vulture to add to their collection?  

We also spent some time playing at a playground in the park area.  It was a beautiful day and a fun place to explore!









No comments: